As a vintage and antique dealer, time is just as precious as the treasures you sell. But you know there is no way around it – you have to get out there and socialize. How are people going to know you exist? This is why I absolutely LOVE Flare. Flare is an extremely efficient WordPress plug-in that adds a small tool bar to each blog post or page displaying all of the social media sites on which you would like visitors to share your content.
The back end is super easy to use. You can customize the look of your buttons. You can choose the shape and even the colors you want to use. This is perfect for branding purposes as keeping the look of your blog cohesive is all part of your branding. You can choose which social media platforms to choose from. I chose to focus on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and email sharing. I explain why I love using these tools in my eGuide.
Not only can you add share buttons, you can also add follow buttons. All this can be done with the easy to use Flare dashboard that is installed when you install the plugin. Here is some information from the Flare website:
Up your website’s social score with a little social Flare! Easily configure and share your blog posts across some of the most popular networks.
Flare allows you to:
- NEW! Follow Me widget – place widgets on your site with links to your social networks to get more followers.
- Configure multiple share icons for some of the most popular sharing services like Twitter, Facebook, Stumble Upon, Reddit, Google+ and Pinterest! More coming soon!
- Easily order your icons, customize their icons’ appearance
- Control which post types your Flare appears on
- Display your Flare at the top, bottom, left or right sides of your post content
- Flare displayed on the left and right of your post follow your visitors down the page as they scroll and conveniently hide when not needed
I do choose to display how many times a post is shared. It gives the post social credibility and people are more likely to share if they see others have shared it. Plus I love seeing the little numbers go up as the day goes by. It tells me that my audience and potential buyers are engaging. And that is always what you want when you are trying to build a loyal customer base.
If you want to save some time on your social media efforts and want to make sharing your content easy for your audience, I highly recommend Flare.